There’s something about early January that I find refreshing. It is full of promise–resolutions are not yet broken. Holiday decorations are packed away, and a new year is stretched before you.
This year, I want to get serious about cleaning and organization. I decided to put together a calendar of cleaning and organization items to tackle in January. I didn’t include routine cleaning items that I already do, like washing the dishes, cleaning the bathrooms and sweeping the floors on this calendar. My list is focused on cleaning and organization projects that I never seem to get to. By tackling one or two items per day, I’m hoping to get through each item on this calendar in January.
Let’s do this together! I created the Cleaning and Organization Challenge so we can all work together to get organized this year.
Here are the rules!
1. Refer to the calendar that I’ve attached to this post. Feel free to substitute items if one or more of the items don’t make sense for your home.
2. Work ahead (or behind) as needed. The main goal is to finish all items by the end of each week and the entire calendar by the end of the month.
3. Keep up with your regular cleaning. I didn’t include standard cleaning items on this calendar because I wanted to focus on the items that I never seem to complete. Here is my typical schedule:
– Load and run dishwasher
– Clean and wipe down counters
– Clean and wipe down dining-room table
– Take out the trash
– Make the beds (mornings)
– Sweep the floors
– Mop the floors, if needed
– Clean the bathrooms
– Change bed sheets